What a blessing it was to witness your gifts to Jesus tonight at “A TD Christmas”! You guys rock! More importantly, I’m pretty sure I can say that Jesus was blessed, and there’s nothing greater you can do than to bless Jesus.
Today, we are pleased and excited to share John Piper’s dramatic reading of his gripping poem, “The Inn Keeper.” Daniel and I were mesmerized and left shaking our heads in wonder. It is THAT good. – Arthur
Our desire is for God’s Word to master you. Before that can happen, you’re going to have to “master” God’s Word! Remember, there’s no way to master anything without proper review and repetition. God wants you to be engaged in His Word regularly throughout your week.
So, here’s our latest podcast, “The Fruit of Your Root, Pt. 1”, from Luke 3:7. Please listen soon, engage, and work out the application in your life with the Lord! Pt. 2 will be released soon. – Arthur
Hey TD’ers! We’ve got a great night in store for us this Friday! But we need your help!
- First, we need you to come real, as you really are – no pretense, no plastic faces, no hiding, no projections. We just want … you!
- Second, please listen to the podcast below, our last of our first TD message of the year, “John the Baptist: Paving the Way,” Pt. 3. It also includes Jenny’s honest sharing about her journey towards becoming real. We really want this year to be a breakthrough year for you. Do you? A sure way is to be letting more of God’s word and truth to be flowing through you all during your week. This is a great way to do that!
- Lastly, please bring a fruit with you to share with someone in your small group. Got it? And if you want to bring more than one – like for, say, a fruit eating counselor – feel free! 🙂
- We’ve got a great opportunity for you to grow in the Lord as I’ll be sharing a message entitled, “The Fruit of Your Root,” taken from Luke 3:7-14 (please read ahead). Together, we’ll learn how to bear bigger, jucier, more nourishing fruit in our lives.
- We’ll also have time to sharpen each other in our small groups … AND …
- Nathaniel will be sharing his newest song, “Wait on Love” for our encouragement!
So, please make plans to come, and feel free to invite your friends! Let’s keep growing together as a TD family! – Arthur
Hey TD’ers! Sounds like everyone had a great time at our small group outings! Here’s our second “Total Devotion” podcast on the man Jesus called the greatest man who ever lived – part 2 of 3 of “John the Baptist: Paving the Way.” Please take just a half hour of your time to review, listen, and master!
Our desire is to help you get God’s Word flowing through you methodically and consistently throughout the week and to allow it to chisel and shape your life, little by little. But that only happens through repetition and mastery. We not only would like you to master the Bible, but more so, for the Bible to master you! GO FOR IT!
We’d love to hear any comments or thoughts! We will post part 3 in a few days, in time for you our next message and small group on 10/18. – Arthur
My first exposure to serious world-class, soul-captivating Bible teaching came through the teaching of pastor/teacher, John MacArthur. He was also an integral part of Sandra’s growth in Christ and love of His Word. In fact, it was really through his ministry that Sandra and I first started having serious dialouges about the Christian faith.
We look forward to concluding our Summer series, “Standing on the Shoulders of Giants,” by exposing you to one of the very finest and faithful Bible expositors in the world today, who took nearly 42 years at Grace Community Church to preach through every verse in the New Testament!
He is a warrior who takes God at his word and who has courageously stood up for timelessness and and truthfulness of God’s Word against a compromising Christian culture. He is definitely a hero of the faith.
Please listen to the powerful message below before TD on Friday. It’s called “True Worship, Pt. 1” and is the first of 8 messages on true worship, from John 4:20-24. It’s a series I listened to as a young Christian. If you want to hear more, go to www.gty.org. I know you’ll appreciate it! – Arthur
True Worship, Pt. 1
In continuing our TD summer series this Friday, Standing on the Shoulders of Giants, Robert will lead us in studying the life and ministry of John Piper, one of the most influential Christian leaders of the last 30 years. His ministry is powerful, God exalting, and satisfaction producing. Here’s what Robert has to say:
“The first serious Christian book that I read was ”Desiring God”, by John Piper. It has remained one of my favorites since then, because it opened my eyes to see how God-centered the Bible really is and how the God of Scripture should be desired, loved, and enjoyed, not just known intellectually. Come catch a greater glimpse of how ”God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him” as we learn about the life and biblical convictions of John Piper.”
We urge you to watch the message below, before coming to TD, explaining his most famous conclusion, “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” Also, the TD Year-End Banquet message, as well as the rest of the summer messages on the lives of RC Sproul, Joni Eareckson Tada, and Ravi Zacharias are now online on the TD website, under Messages. See you Friday! – Arthur