“Our All-Knowing God” (message) – Rebecca
Would you ever consider drinking from a cup that has been buried in the gutter, caked with excrement and filled with toxic waste? Or would you eat from a bowl that has been attached to a corpse, rotting in a maggot-filled grave?
The obvious answer is a resounding NO!!! We would never allow something so unclean and so repulsive to touch our mouths and enter our stomachs, endangering our health. Yet, we often allow thoughts that are far more unclean and far more repulsive to enter our minds into our hearts, endangering our souls.
To prep for our small group time this Friday, please review Rebecca’s lesson above and work through the following questions:
1. Psalm 139 delves into minute detail regarding the small thoughts and actions that affect the condition and cleanliness of our “cups.” Read Psalm 139.
a. Where do your thoughts tend to wander and rest? (Col 3:1-2)
b. What do your actions suggest about the trajectory of your heart? (James 4:1-10)
2. What would it take for you to be willing to use a cup and bowl with such disgusting origins? (Matthew 23:25-28) Think of what it would take for God to be willing to use you.
3. How can a vessel stay pure or become pure?
We have 2 parts to our meeting this Friday:
- We will be joining the rest of MBCLA at the Missions Conference in the Main Sanctuary at 7:30 p.m. After combined singing, we will head down to the chapel on the mid-level of the Main Campus for a message from a missionary.
- After the message is over, we will meet at the TD room and finish the evening in our small groups, discussing and exploring the knowledge of God.
See you Friday!